Our weekly roundup of ‘what’s good’ on the web:
- In our story on the US National Slow Pitch Softball Team we mentioned the black market for illegal softball bats. This article on that topic is worth a read.
- We didn’t spend much time covering the NFL Draft, but if we did it would have been all about this story of a draftee fixing a toilet when he was picked. At least he was just fixing it, as far as headlines involving toilets gos, this could have been much worse.
- We recommend this article by Siddhant Adlakha: “Civil War: Dissecting the Marvel Machine“
- New ‘friend of the fan’ SportsDadHub.com has some great articles for parents with kids in sports. Check them out!
- Packers wide receiver James Jones proposes in a Red Lobster. And the details live up to the headline.
Bonus throwback dunk of the week:
- Our podcast of the week is Spontaneanation with Paul F. Tompkins “Rented Cabin in the Woods w/ Jason Mantzoukas, Shulie Cowen, Matt Gourley, and Amanda Lund“
- DJ Gorilla Vest’s band of the week: Pharm 2 Stable
- Frank’s jam of the week:
- Your weekend streaming recommendations:
Netflix: Kill Bill, vol. 2Hulu: They Came TogetherShowtime: It FollowsAmazon Prime: Ex MachinaHBO Now: FightingCrackle: The Ides of March
Last, strange Google search terms that people used and wound up on the site:
Slipknot basketball jersey
Drinking buddies are not real friends
Tay Dicks (which one must assume is a porn actor who looks like Taye Diggs)