Our weekly roundup of ‘what’s good’ on the web:
- Another week another major news outlet adopting the same position as The Renaissance Fan. USA Today ran this pro-bat flipping article a mere one day after we officially endorsed the practice. But USA Today comes up short of an official endorsement here. C’mon, get off the fence! If you stand for nothing you’ll fall for anything…is a meaningless phrase we’ve heard.
- A great post on the hardest working actor in sci-fi from our literal parent blog.
- Speaking of sci-fi, that little kid with a bowl cut who played young Anakin in the Star Wars prequel trilogy looks really scary now and has not had a great run since acting. As if we needed something else negative related to those films.
- Hardcore Henry seems to be a very polarizing film with people either loving it or hating t. Here’s Frank’s take on the film.
Just a general sports highlight of the week this week. The incredible Steph Curry:
- Educational opportunity of the week: Do you know as much as you should about the East Coast – West Coast hip hop rivalry?
- Podcast of the week is: Jordan, Jesse Go! “Notable Boatables with Gillian Jacobs”
- Frank’s jam of the week:
Last, strange Google search terms that people used and wound up on the site:
“beers for Bernie”
“sex fan.com” (a future spin off venture perhaps)
“lori mathieson dassey”